Sunday, June 17, 2007

CONGARTULATIONS BON and TIMANG!!! At last...


AT LAAAAAAAAST!

At last, the bells can be heard ringing tomorrow...It has been a very long wait for both Timang and Bon...Sigh, it was excruciating for us to wait for you two to walk down that aisle and put to rest the tension...hahaha... i have always known you both make a good pair, notwithstanding how you make each other look better when together..haha.. Hmmm, congratulations anyway Bon and Timang...You both have been so kind and supportive (in so many unspoken ways..hahah)..As promised, I will try my best to attend the reception (not the wedding rites, tsk tsk) tomorrow since I still have to make creative ideas to extend my 30-minute lunchbreak...heheh...Know that we will always be here for the party - the FATCAT gang!!!! heheh...and that we are ready to exhaust each case of beer you will shed for the celebrattion, ehem....

INDECISION

As an afterthought, i feel weird that some of my friends have indeed gone far down the road of their lives. Not that i have been unremoved from my present situation for the last couple of hundred years..haha.. It just feels odd that i still do not consider myself mature knowing very well how i seriously think about my life and what i want to do with it.. No matter how messy i have made my life so far, i feel shallow for not having to make extravagant decisions just yet - marrying for instance. Not that i would want to settle down, haha... I applaud and regard highly the people who can make up their minds easily when presented with a puzzling problem, and be firm with it, stand for it no matter what the cost and be mindful but not overly obsessed od the what-ifs and later, the what-could-have-beens....

if i sound extremely unsound to you while reading this, it's because i am at a crossroads right now. I am yet to make the biggest decision so far and it feels good that it lies on my hands which obviously translates that i am in fact controlling my life at this stage. I feel stupid for having to make this decision for me to realize that i am in control. Good Lord I need some validation!!! Sigh...fears are creeping into my thoughts each moment and i fear they will cover my whole psyche and incapacitate me. Indecision, by the way, is ironically my biggest fear.

Too much of my alter-ego speaking. . Ciao..

PROZAC NATION




I watched for the second time the movie PROZAC NATION last night amidst nature's rage of bellowing winds, raging rain and deafening thunders. Despite the pleads of my other self to go to sleep whilst lightning would strike me, I did not budge. Miraculously, i survived the imminent catastrophe and smoothly got through the whole movie like i was under the influence of prozac all through it - unmindful of the chaos outside the four walls of my room.

Prozac Nation is the story of Elizabeth Wurtzel's troubled depression stage and her redemption ( or else the movie wouldn't have been made if she ended up dead..haha ). It's a beautiful movie filled with inspiring messages i can very well relate to. I have a moderate anti-social inclination, you know. heheh. However, Eizabeth Wurtzel's is magnified to the nth degree that it bordered insanity. Thank God, there's Prozac. Still, Ms. Wurtzel was lucky, if that happened to her in the Philippines, she would've ended up walking down the streets naked shouting "Basilio, Crispin, nasaan na kayo..?".. Depression, by the way, in our country is not a disease. . One is yet to bring himself to the hospital and claim he is suffering from depression. It's just too far from what we consider disease. . Nobody wants to get the stigma of being the first depression case of your own town or city - not to mention being laughed at the extreme ka OAhan. Besides, it's just way tooooo costly to cure the 80 million depressed Filipinos..haha

If you happen to bump into a copy of the movie, grab it and devour it.It's such a beautiful movie. Cristina Ricci sizzles in it. . No one could've portrayed a near-demented brilliance like Ms. Wurtzel as good as Ms. Ricci....

I have one favorite line there when her mom told Lizzie "not to wait until you have no choices left".
It was a life-saving line for me. Hearing that, I closed my eyes and told myself it's final, this is it.....I AM QUITTING MY JOB!!!

Then kablaaaam, nature interfered...Brownout.....!!Aaarghhhh!

No comments: