Saturday, June 9, 2007

music and lyrics

this poem was written some time ago. it came back to memory when aleksi, an artist and a poet and so many other things, texted me last night that he is putting music to this poem he read on my posts at Dipolog Poets Society group on friendster. He thought he found it cute. Anyway, i said sure why not and immediatley scrambled on my laptop first thing in the morning thinking he might have chosen the crappiest of my bunch of poems..and so im posting this one. aleksi told me it will be sung by local artists who are extremely talented, i know..l.and yep, i would surely be glad hearing this one as a song and not on a poetry reading session...sigh..haha..thanks mr. aleksi!!! keep up that soul!!!

Untitled iii

leave me
that i may measure
the depth of abyss
and the light years between
each second you're gone.
desert me
that i may see
the worst of days
in a journey across
this barren, lonely land.
deafen me
with your silence
that i may fail
to recognize music no more.
hide from me
that you may soon evaporate
into thin air in my eyes.
curse me
'til each happy memory shatters
one by one and become
but a space in my thoughts.
break me
that i may be inadequate
and you'll need me no longer.
tell me lies
that i may be wrong
of my notions.
hurt me
that i may become invincible.
hurt me more
'til i can't be hurt no more
- not by anyone
not by anything.
for just as much as you give me joy
that nothing encompasses,
you're the only one
who could cause me
most pain.


1:40pm/09242005/metrobankozamis/during seminar

No comments: