Monday, February 25, 2008

BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH DURING MERIENDA..what was it again?

It’s one of those days. You feel burned out after work. The sun feels like needles pricking you all over. You’re so hungry the people you see look like walking fried chickens you wanna smack them. Yes, it was one of those days you can hardly muster a smile. How else would you end that aggravation but with a full plate of All Day Breakfast with Bacon and Egg!!

After an exhausting day at work, my teammates, my TL and I went for an afternoon breakfast. Yes, breakfast is available anytime of the day now. Looking for a place to eat has never been so hard, I thought. What with all the restaurants in Lahug closed by the mayor – I don’t know exactly the reason why since I’m really inactive with current events right now. My ears shutdown upon hearing the word politics. Ok, ok, I indulge sometimes. Tsk tsk…Later it got me guessing if some food poisoning happened along the avenue. Or maybe it’s just that they don’t pay their taxes. Whatever that was, it was an extra mile of walk we had to endure because all of them are taking their day off until further notice.




Well, we finally settled at ILA PUTI located at I2 in IT Park where call centers are thriving. There are a lot of restos in the area, I’m glad I don’t work near there. The place is nice. We were lucky we owned the place the entire time we were there. We ordered the All Day Breakfast with Bacon and Egg, extra rice and a pork something, I forgot what that was. The food was great I ate like I hadn’t eaten for days. It’s not all that cheap but hey, I don’t get to eat the best bacon everyday! I had a full meal. I was satisfied, I reckoned. I was ready to sleep then.





We decided however to chit-chat for a while over cigarettes. I sniffed second-hand smoke, enough to get me intoxicated.It went for hours so the chit-chat became stories, then tales, then tall tales. We figured the conversation is getting out of control, so we wrapped up and headed home.

I slept dreaming of bacon. It was just heaven.

No comments: