Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME ---- Dipolog!!!

PARTY PARTY PARTY ---- it's my niece's 1st Birthday



I went home to Dipolog City a few weeks ago to attend my niece’s first birthday. I took a two-day leave from work before my rest days so I had plenty of time to get lazy back home, only I had too much to do with so little time. The birthday was memorable – what with the blackout just before the dinner began. In a twist, the party became a candle-lit dinner under the stars. The food was great and the lechon tasted so darn good. The blackout made my sister remember the exact day a year ago, when Kindra (that's my niece) was born – there was also a blackout the whole time she was on labor.Life has its amusing ways of making us remember things that would otherwise be just some cobwebs hanging around unnoticed. The party was over in a few hours and just when the visitors were slowly packing up to leave, the lights went back on.

That's one hell of a memorable party...with style...:)

DAKAK---once again!!



Nothing still beats Dakak. I am biased on this but iits always a great feeling everytime I feel the sand and the pristine waters of Dakak - simply peaceful. It's a perfect getaway and for cleansing all the dust I gathered in the city. Photo-ops are my favorite, so here are some of my pics at the beach, the chapel, the trail to the woods and just about anything nice about Dakak. Enjoy.. :)


































METROBANKERS at Dakak and more---SUMMER '07

I can stil remember the summer outing of Metrobank- Dipolog branch at Dakak last year. We had a great time bonding, eating and relaxing not knowing that a few months later I would be submitting my resignation. I miss my colleagues at the branch and I was planning to visit during my short stay at home. I failed however to do so and I vowed to pay them a visit at the branch on my next visit, probably if i can go home again for the fiesta- fingers crossed. :)

I am posting these great pics from last year with my colleagues. The photos are just too great to pass up, so I am posting it. I think Cookie and Melbar on the kayak makes a perfect brochure pic and the cow just looked perfect for a postcard. I couldn't believe I took 'em..LOL.. Hmmm reminiscing mode now. I certainly miss the lunches at the kitchen and the laughters with my family at Metrobank Dipolog. In all seriousness, I sometimes wish I could still be working with them – maybe bring them wherever I’d be working. But hell, I left and that’s one price to pay.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting post about dakak but am still biased with Cebu ha ha ha. anyways, interesting site - i'd like to add you to my link list. visit my site fildude.blogspot.com and have a look around and feel free to hook up. cheers.

chitru said...

hahaha....thanks cacho for the comment....dakak is really beautiful... u shud visit the place...hmmmm, ive been to few places in Cebu though but so far havent been to one with finer sand...havent been to Boracay too so cant compare...the two are also very different, Boracay is for party, Dakak for perfect solitude...will be posting more about my travels...hopefully i can see more of cebu---i love cebu and i love my hometown too :)