Monday, November 24, 2008

ANNE FRANK-what's with this girl, eh?

I have just finished reading THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL by ANNE FRANK. I know, I know.... I should've had read the book already a long time ago but it was only last weekend when i got to convince myself to pick the book up and bring it to the cashier at National Bookstore.



It was a good read. I was expecting stories of death, of people saponified, gassed to death, bloody killings and bombs raining from page to page. Instead, i was welcomed by an intelligent young lady recounting each day of the lives of 8 people hiding in a Secret Annexe from the Gestapo for 25 months during the holocaust. It was a very honest, heartfelt story of unwavering hope despite the odds. Bombs did rattle their very beings but it did not stop them from searching for that light in a dark place where clouds seem to close in faster and faster. It showed their brave attempts to live normal lives in times that simply do not allow them to live normally. The girl has such great insights and maturity it made me feel like an idiot. I couldn't have reasoned the way she did on things that I may have similarly experienced. It also reawakened my desire to read more books...sigh!

HMMMM......right now, i'm starting to read TWILIGHT... yes, its because of the movie. ..and yes, i read the book at work.. tsk tsk...

No comments: