Wednesday, December 3, 2008

KRISMAS NA SA SUGBO...

well, we're down to the last 28 days of 2008 and its another year again. i am not that giddy of the whole new year thing, i noticed. i have become less hopeful about my future, not to mention the future of this country. i am still glad though that there is that part of me who tries to hang on to that little spark of hope. maybe because i still wanna live. Ergo, i struggle to survive. i'm still keeping that teeny weeny hope under my sleeves. life hasn't been all that bad to me and i have more than a handful of lessons that i learned this year. but yes, i am the most forgetful person so i surely couldn't remember all of them. and since this isn't really a blog about lessons, i will spare you from that harangue.

it's christmas...hmmm almost. i am sad that the only carols i hear in Cebu so far are those of the out-of-school youth that hijacks jeepneys and sing their piece of 'Pasko na Naman' which would put you in shame if you give just a peso. Their songs literally demands 5 pesos. It's funny that everytime they jump on a jeepney and sing their carol, everyone inside the vehicle has something very important to do - checking their phones,texting, fixing their hair, changing the songs on their ipods and some just pretend to doze off or just stare blankly out of the window. Dedma. Well, i am one of them when i don't have a penny to spare. hahaha...I miss the carols on the radio that wakes me up at dawn when Christmas day is fast approaching. Especially the Max Surban song about the Krismas Tree... I might just have to visit the mall to hear it if that's even played there...ts tsk...

and so the jeepney speeds through jones avenue and approaches Fuente Osmena...it's Max Surban's giant Xmas tree you'll see.

the giant Xmas tree was lighted on the first day of December. fireworks and all, the hoopla gathered people inside the Circle and caused a humongous traffic. I took a few photos. it's hard getting photos using the cam i'm using because it's nighttime and the tree is a bit far from where i was doing the clicking. While taking the photos, some professional photographers not so far away were flashing their Nikons and Canons - professional cameras with all the lengthy accessories. My camera paled in comparison and retreated back to my pocket. I swore I will have that cam one day. Hehehe....


No comments: