Thursday, July 30, 2009

On Angels, Demons and Adventureland

I watched Angels and Demons last night on dvd. Throughout the movie, I wondered where the movie was shot especially on scenes inside the Vatican Palace ( I am at work and I don’t have time . For a sequel of a movie that lambasted the core of Christianity not to mention the Roman Catholic Church, I thought they won’t be given the chance to shoot the film inside the splendid walls of the Vatican. It was a thrill. That sort that keeps you awake because you have to listen to all the words they say about history and signs. My brain shut off just when the end credits began to roll. I was stressed of the conspiracies of how angel statues are supposed to be pointing at something.

In a country where signs are said to foretell the next cataclysmic event, I wonder if somebody can work some tidy piece of conspiracy story about statues in the Philippines. How about starting with Jose Rizal on every town’s plaza?...Hmmmm?

There are also two other movies I watched this week. I particularly liked Adventureland.


It kinda makes me things how all our thoughts of what we'd become slowly slip away. Not because we didn't try harder but simply because circumstances just lead us somewhere else where we don't neccessarily become any less of who we are. There are just some other things we are meant to do and it doesnt eqaute to failure. Sometimes, we have just got to embrace it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is what I like about your blog... entries about movies you watched and liked! cool choice.