Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Hurt


THE HURT

Sometimes
The heart aches a little
The body feels old
The mind convinces both
That the day is too lovely to detest.
The thirst, i try to drown in
Glasses of beer and ice
'drink me, im your troubles' panacea'
The hunger, in the abyss of my thoughts,
I suppress with crispy chicken thigh
'eat me i'll let your mind fly'
My body parts going
In different directions,
my muscles moan
My bones hurt
My head diffusing and expanding
and back again
always in the verge of exploding.
The thoughts,
the endless worries I cannot suppress
all collapse into air
Only to return bigger and scarier.
I laugh at myself and
all i could hear is a cough.
Or a whimper.
I am not a happy soul these days
My body tells me so -
Cos the laundry is waiting
The credit card's screaming
The office is fogged of rumors and withering smiles
My dog's always pooping
My polaris not in synch
with my compass.
And i miss my family badly
And my heart's pining for home.
The heart aches sometimes too.
I will give it to my heart.
To ache to wallow to hate
Even for a moment.

No comments: