Saturday, February 9, 2008

SOAKED...

Finally, I have resized all the photos that we took using my teammates camera, Sigrid. The files are too large, the reason why I wasn’t able to upload it on friendster and here in my blog right away. It took quite along time considering the number of files I resized – more than a hundred. My eyes were so heavy after staring on the computer screen for hours in the office and doing the resizing at home. But the long wait is over, I get to post it today and my teammates are so giddy to have their own copies and to check their faces out online – haha! (At least I have viewers now!. Haha!)

It was definitely a fun ride. I didn’t expect much of the trip. It’s better that way, I thought. The trip was an ice-breaker after the monotony of the callcenter life. Now I realize why callcenter people take time to go on a team outing and splurge. Yes, I say splurge because people really spend to go to the countryside, bask under the sun and soak in the inviting waters of the sea. We did spend quite an amount. Back home in Dipolog, the budget would've been enough for a large birthday party – with lechon and the permanent party staples. But it was worth it. The sea was relaxing. The sand gleamed in whiteness under the sun.Witnessing a possible nebula, two shooting stars and a thousand other stars hanging on the cloudless night sky is invaluable.And I also got to see Nemo when we were snorkeling along the shore! We also saw the Chocolate Hills version of Moalboal (see photo below) which really amazed me. There were food, alcohol, coke ( the softdrink, not the other coke ), music, cigarettes, horror stories and love tales that went on ‘til the wee hours of dawn. It was more than what we certainly hoped for.

Along the way, I saw the following signs but wasn’t able to get snapshots because the van was moving. It would’ve been funny if I had the photos to show you but here’s what I saw:
“Don’t through your garbage here!”
“No STAMBY allowed”
“The more you talk, the more you are likely to sin”

I saw the saying posted on a school gate. I thought the sign was weird, though I do think it rings true. Haha. Blabbers must be screwing big time their chance to go to heaven! Hmmm, sign language, anyone? Or texting? Tsk tsk! I asked who among famous personalities might have said the words? The team chorused, " The school principal!"

We went home tired, silent and all sleepy our eyes could fall out any minute. We were packed on the van for two hours and before we knew it, we were back in the hustle and bustle of the metro. I woke up to the sound of the engine of jeepneys speeding down the avenues of Cebu. The green landscape I last glimpsed before I closed my eyes to sleep was but a photo frame in memory drowned by the noise and gray color of concrete, of smoke, of dust. I could almost hear my blood sloshing in my nerves – rushing faster. Life is hectic once again, I reckoned. Work was waiting 4AM the next day. xxx

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And these are few of the pics....if you ain't seen enough click here...(it's not that organized but help yourself..tsk )

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in total fairness...i luv ur picz....im glad u guys had fun..it was all worth it...tnx much!so wer wil we go next?!^.^

Aleksi said...

kkainggit...
:-)

Anonymous said...

ey, u guys never told me u went and had fun in moalboal..well, given that i was 9mos pregnant at that time so i have forgiven u na..i really have a lot to catch up with u guys...nd ladies...hehehe...see u sooon wave 115..-ivy

Anonymous said...

We stayed the same house you had in MOAL BOAL!

The beach is really sort of like BORA!

Cool!