Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dining at Bigby's, Coffee at Bo's, Milkshake at EastWest and a stroll at Fort San Pedro...Whew!

BIGBY's







food is great at Bigby's. a bit expensive but well worth each cent i paid for. Sigrid and I went for a late lunch at Bigby's at SM after accompanying her for something I now entirely forget. it was good talking over baby-back ribs and cold bottomless iced-tea. Sigrid got a cake for herself and it looked so yummy would've bought one for myself if i wasn't full already. i should do more fine dining next time. too bad Sigrid had resigned already and went off a few days ago to New Zealand for vacation.


BO's COFFEE





branding itself as the soul of coffee, Jun and i went to Bo's to test his newly bought laptop. Why Bo's? well, surely it looks cool surfing the web with your laptop over a cup of coffee....hahaha...seriously, Bo's has free wi-fi and it's the first place we thought of (well, second after EastWest bombed our idea of surfing over milkshake). I didn't order anything. I thought the price of coffee is silly and besides i'm not really a coffee fan myself. i'm still waiting for that day i will go gaga over coffee. well, if i need some there's always free coffee at the office.. tsk tsk....

EastWest





before going to Bo's, Jun and I went to EastWest at the thought that the place was less crowded. Bo's was jampacked and noisy of all the chatter and bustle inside. it sure did look nice inside but we opted first to go to eastWest. we had ordered chocolate milkshake. to our disappointment, the shop had cut-off their wi-fi. i wanted to spit aout the milkshake and return it in full glass. the wi-fi connection was the main reason we were squatting there on their comfortable sofa. too bad. EastWest should get their wi-fi back. without it, a milkshake for 90 pesos just ain't worth it...


FORT SAN PEDRO







My dad came to Cebu recently and before he left we toured Fort San pedro. I've been atthe site but it was my first time to step inside. it was a nice stroll inside. i thought the place reeks of untold stories. maybe, we could do more to make the place extra interesting. ... i love history a lot so it made my day. after the tour, we went to the pier where the boat that would take my dad back to dapitan was docked. my father can't stand cebu. he said it's too hot. he looked at me with pity as if asking what the heck am i doing here. he implied it's not worth the trade - the fresh air, the comfortabel life, the slow days, the time with family, the job i left etc....he said, if i should grow tired, i could go home anytime. it felt good knowing that if things should go bad, i have my family waiting for me with their embrace...it had a different tug in my chest and for that instant i wanted to go home...sob sob

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Chit!

Thanks for visiting my site. I already linked your site. Hope you're enjoying your stay here in Cebu. Great blog, btw ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Chit!

Welcome to Around the World!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.