Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Good Things

There are a lot of things we feel we lack. For so many reasons, we miss to count the many blessings we have. A little instropection might help us realize that what we have is more than what we need. Truth is, I think I have more than what I need to survive. It is the insatiable want that makes us shallow. Though it feels good to have the good things in life, it feels better to count the ones that matter more. And it isn't the material things that I'm talking about.

Today, I am celebrating two milestones in my so-called little career. I have just been confirmed as a full-fledged Process Trainer which means I will have an increase in salary (YEY!). I am also the happiest trainer today, having seen my first set of trainees ever to graduate from the 5-week process training I am handling. It has been fun. At times, my patience was tested to the last straw but I was able to keep my cool. I know pretty much that I am patient and considerate, which I think are not bad traits of a trainer. I do not consider such as a weakness. In fact, i consider them my strengths. And maybe it was for those reasons I have bonded with my trainees well. I have the best class in th world, well maybe the rowdiest one too, but I couldn't have asked for more.

During the short graduation rites we had, I knew that were gonna perform a sing-and-dance number for the audience who attended ( they were gonna sing BABY by Justin Bieber. haha!). Though they retreated back to their shells the time I asked them to show off, they instead read from a small piece of paper a little tribute to me where they expressed the ten things they like and hate about me. The list included how they like/hate my curly hair to the smoking breaks where i continued to rattle on about the topic we discussed in training. It was hilarious. More than the friendships I made, it felt good because I felt loved.



P.S. My trainees also bought me a shirt from the Adidas shop in Ayala which I thought was a bit too much knowing that every penny counts these days. Thanks for the nice tee guys!

No comments: