Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Getting a Blackberry!!!

I am excited to receive my first Blackberry phone. I am not a techy person when it comes to phones and I am not someone you wanna talk with about the newest mobile in town. In fact, I dont use my phone much at all. I rarely text even and my mom would rattle about how i don't get in touch with them for weeks which sometimes makes her wonder if im already a rotting corpse in some room in Cebu City.


I keep a Samsung phone right now. One that has no camera, no memory to save music, no games to keep me occupied- the cheapest you can find at the mall. I dont need something more than the basic texting and calling and i probably wont be using a phone other than that.

But I learned recently that I could get a plan from Globe under my company's corporate account where I could get a Blackberry for a phone. I got the 99-peso plan and get a blackberry. I will be paying for the monthly amortization of the phone way cheaper if I go inside a Globe store and get a personal plan. The idea sounded neat though I will be locked-in for a 2-year contract which means I should keep my job for the next two years or else I'd end up fried with debt. With my confirmation as a trainer this month, i will be getting my mobile allowance so it wouldnt hurt much my budget. I admit i am pretty careless and history shows I have lost a couple of phones - not really fancy phones but phones nonetheless. Friends tell me I should get my phone tied on my neck all time which is a not something I can be proud of really.

Can't wait for the blackberry. I should be texting more otherwise I will be keeping a white elephant in my drawer.

No comments: