Tuesday, October 30, 2007

anatomy of my heart

The screws that hold my heart
have loosened/
for it is running
on strange roads of dark lands
and haunted kingdoms of my fears/
it loosened
from the tight grip
I held on for so long,
letting it beat exclusively
for the uncertainty
of someone’s love/
it is faith
that straps it on my chest
and trust
that connects it to my thoughts/
but it is messing up/
and it hurts my whole being/
for a heart that is calm
brings out a calm being/
and a disturbed heart
inflicts pain/
it’s mending/
it’s trying to find its harmony back/
time will heal
and the screws will tighten/
but it can’t take another heartbreak
no more/
for it will self-destruct/
it will die/
leaving me heartless.

02.19.2006/3.30pm

an old poem i forgot i wrote. my colleague, chet, said she particularly liked this one. rereading it felt weird especially when chet said she could relate. thanks chet!

No comments: